The dining room is the spot in your home where people come together to enjoy each other’s company over a meal. If you’re lucky enough to have one, make sure you devote the time and energy necessary to make it look nice. When a dining room is decorated well, even a casual weeknight meal with your family can feel like a fancy dinner party. If you’re not sure where to start, we’ll provide some tips and inspiration.
- First, take a look at the walls. Consider painting them a neutral hue—a shade of gray is always a great option since it looks refined and is versatile and soothing.
- When was the last time you replaced your dining room furniture? If the wear and tear has started to show, perhaps it’s time to invest in a new table and chairs. We’ve always got a selection of dining room furniture at Consign Design that is both beautiful and affordable. When choosing your dining room furniture, pick out versatile pieces that will shift easily between simple family dinner and formal celebrations.
- A new dining room design trend is mismatched dining room chairs. Choosing chairs that are similar in color but different in style will give the room a contemporary, vintage look without looking too eclectic.
- Layer your lighting. Hang a chandelier above the table or have a dimmer switch installed, and keep plenty of candles in the room so you can control how bright or soft you’d like your light.
- Display your fine china and glassware in a china hutch. A hutch provides a safe, stylish storage option and makes setting the table a breeze.
- You may choose to keep your walls bare for a minimalist look, but hanging a few pieces of artwork or framed quotes will give the room an inviting, comfortable vibe.
- Every few months, create a new seasonal centerpiece for the family to enjoy.
Posted In:dining room ideas