Posted In:2015 design trends / About us / announcements / consign furniture / design tips / DIY / furniture arrangement / furniture finds at Consign Design / used furniture buying tips / vintage finds
Have you driven by our store and wondered what the inside looks like? Check us out! Our inventory changes DAILY with things coming and going every day so why not come in and find some treasures for your home!
Posted In:2015 design trends / About us / announcements / consign furniture / design tips / DIY / furniture finds at Consign Design / home improvement projects / making a rental feel like home / seattle artists / used furniture buying tips / vintage finds
Consign Design has really exciting news: we are opening a second location in Southcenter for our south end customers! Grand opening will be March 2nd, 2015. Print out this coupon good towards your first purchase! Please come help us celebrate our new store opening on March 2nd!
Founded in 2014, SitSquare is a trusted marketplace for people to discover, buy, and sell high-quality home furnishings. With easy shipping methods, and a great selection of home furnishings, SitSquare will become your go-to website for great furniture deals! Visit them at www.sitsquare.com Here are a few examples of items on their site right now:
Check out this fabulous new website where you can buy and sell your gently used or high-end furniture safely and securely. And even have it delivered with a few days! We even list some of our furniture on there as we love this concept.
Check them out here:
Consigning your furniture can be a nice way to earn a little extra money while you part with the pieces you no longer need. But not all furniture will do well in a consignment shop. Before you start cleaning out your home and dragging your used furniture to Consign Design, it’s important to know what sells well and what doesn’t. Read on to help determine what you should consign and what you should leave for Craigslist (or donate to charity).
What sells best:
1. Dining sets. Dining room furniture is something that we don’t replace often—but when we do, we want the best. Complete dining sets in good condition tend to sell very well at furniture consignment stores.
2. Wooden furniture, like dressers, bookshelves and end tables. The better the quality, the faster they sell.
3. Leather furniture. Leather sofas and chairs are classics.
4. Upholstered items. Solid-colored sofas, sectionals and chairs are in demand. Patterned pieces are slightly less popular, but they may sell.
5. Furniture with a designer label. Your lavish designer furniture may take some time to sell since it will be priced higher than other pieces, but when the right eyes find it, you’ll have your sale.
6. Unique items. Handmade furniture and high quality vintage pieces are always in demand. At Consign Design, we feature one-of-a-kind pieces of art made by local artists.
What doesn’t sell well:
1. Antiques. While we do sometimes sell them, they tend not to go as quickly as newer items. Most furniture consignment stores don’t specialize in antiques.
2. Rugs. It can be difficult to get a rug clean enough to sell.
3. Furniture in bad condition. Your items don’t have to be perfect, but if they have enough scratches or wear and tear, they won’t sell.
4. Figurines. Those collectibles would be better off placed on Craigslist.
To guarantee that your items will sell quickly and for top dollar, clean them well before you bring them in. Replace or repair any broken hardware—this will increase the value.
Posted In:consign furniture